What to expect from us
At Alderson and Horan, we will make the funeral organisation as easy as we can for you.
This way, the family will have a peaceful time for the grieving process, and can concentrate on family matters.
The family can expect the following to happen:
For More Information Call 01282 427483
- When a call comes in, we arrange a time to see the family, and assign a funeral director who handles the family from start to finish on a one to one basis. We will discuss whether a burial or cremation is required.
- We bring the patient into our care or the authority’s care i.e. coroners or hospital.
- We go out and see the family at the pre-arranged appointment time. All arrangements are discussed, and advice given on Registrating the death and where to go to discuss probate, legal matters and DSS claims. We treat all personal communication with the utmost confidentiality.
- The family register the death (please read what to do when a death occurs.
- The family must bring the green certificate to us, and any other personal effect e.g. clothing for the patient.
- We bring the patient into our care to our private chapel of rest
- The agreed arrangements are put in place for the funeral, taking this burden from the family.
- Preparation of the patient commences when we have all the paperwork.
- The funeral takes place. We will manage the funeral for the family, in a manner agreed with the family.
- After care – headstone, ashes, press insertions, thanks and sympathies, and support to the family.